|Source||confluence of Kotuy and Kheta|
|Length||227 km (141 mi)|
|Basin size||364,000 km2 (141,000 sq mi)|
|• left||Kheta, Novaya, Malaya Balakhnya|
|• right||Kotuy, Nizhnyaya, Bludnaya, Popigay|
It begins at the confluence of the rivers Kotuy and Kheta. The Khatanga is 227 kilometres (141 mi) long (1,636 km (1,017 mi) including its headwater Kotuy); the area of its basin is 364,000 square kilometres (141,000 sq mi). It flows into the Khatanga Gulf of the Laptev Sea, forming an estuary. There are more than 112,000 lakes, with a total surface area of 11,600 square kilometres (4,500 sq mi), in the basin of the river.
- List of largest unfragmented rivers
- Katanga, name for the upper course of the river Podkamennaya Tunguska
- "Река Хатанга (Котуй, Сейси) in the State Water Register of Russia". textual.ru (in Russian).
- Хатанга, Great Soviet Encyclopedia
- Armstrong, Terence (2010). Russian Settlement in the North. Cambridge University Press.
- Media related to Khatanga River at Wikimedia Commons